
We arrived safely back in Peoria yesterday evening about 5:30 or so despite the snow. It was a pretty tough landing and I was scared to death, especially after the captain comes on to tell us we are getting close and that it is very snowy in peoria so we are about to "attempt" our landing. Now what kind of wording is that for a pilot to use when he has you 20 miles up in the air? I wanted to go up and ask what exactly happens if our attempt fails??? Anyhow, we did make it to ground safe so that is what is important. Owen did great again on the trip home.He slept about the entire way and enjoyed a bit of listening to music on his earphones. :) Maggie was so surprised and excited when we got in last night. She hugged me over and over, it was too sweet. Somewhere between Hamburg, Germany and Peoria our luggage got lost so we woke up this morning before six to a phone call from the airport saying they were on there way to our home with our luggage they had found. Early morning but good news to hear that!! I fed Owen around 7 and went back to sleep until 1 this afternoon. With mom and my aunt patti k here life is so much easier!! I am trying to convince them to stay..but i am sure dad and jim would have something to say about that. Well, i am going to try to get some sleep, just thougth i would check in to say we are all well and safe.
2 comments:
Thanks Meghan for the update, it is good to know you guys are home safe and visiting together. I would have loved to witnessed you asking such questions to the pilot!
Tell PK hi for me and tell mimi that I finally made the oatmeal, yum, yum. But still haven't walked. BTW not only would your dad have something to say about an extended stay BUT SO WOULD I. Mimi and I have plans next Saturday!!!!
Meg,
I'm happy you're home safe! I would love to hear about it all.
I Love you.
Liv
Post a Comment