Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Hotel Life
So living in the hotel isn't totally horrible. There are several rooms so both kids can nap everyday in their own rooms which is my rest time also. I also could get used to getting up every morning and eating a great buffet breakfast, not made by me, and then coming back to my beds being made, towels picked up, and the floor swept. We are also enjyoing having a pool and hottub at hand. I took the kids yesterday morning for about an hour and then we all went again last night. This weekend we headed out for lunch around 11 and decided we would go up to Chicago to the outlets for the day. We had a great time and I got alot of cute clothes for the kids plus a few things for me and of course Joe got several new items to add to his ever growing closet. We had a pretty good time, although Maggie was a total terror. She wanted to run around the whole time and would not stay with us so everytime we would pick her up she'd scream bloody murder. I spent half the time trying to find a bathroom that wasn't packed so I could spank her but they were all filled with people who were already starring at me as though I had kidnapped her or something. Not to mention the fact that it is like 20 degrees colder there than in Peoria so we had not dressed accordingly. It was a fun trip anyhow and nice to get out of the hotel and do something different. Today we went to playgroup which was fun. Maggie had a good time playing. Owen is loving his voice latley so he was pretty loud the entire time. I have noticed that if we are in a place where people are talking he gets louder and louder as if he's trying to be the loudest person there. (Gets really bad at restauarnts) I had a good time talking with everyone though aside from his babbling. We are at the house right now doing a load of laundry and then are heading back to the hotel for naps. I am going to Mary's tommorow to watch Emma for her in the morning and then Thursday she is watching the kids while Joe and I go to "counseling". We have to go through it before we move out of the country. I am wondering why we're even bothering. Seems a little late now since our house is sold and our stuff is in route to Germany. I mean, what are they going to say???? We shouldn't move??? And then what, I would almost rather just not know if they don't think we're up for the move now. :) No other big plans this week. Joe's family is coming up this weekend to visit before we leave so hopefully we'll find something fun to do. We are thinking of maybe going to the childrens museum in bloomington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what is Joe going to do with the clothes he has to get rid of in his evergrowing closet?
you are the one slacking now, sis. I will give you a call 2morrow. I love you,
amanda
Meghan-
Boy, you are always on the go anymore!!! I'm sure you are ready to settle in to your new house. Hope everything is good. Me and the kids are home alone for the week. Johnny is skiing again!!
Talk to you later-
Post a Comment