So we had our last two easter egg hunts today. This morning our church had a huge one at a family's farm. They hid 6,000 eggs and had probably 200 people there despite the 30 degree weather. Maggie had fun, but after she had gathered up 50 eggs and gotten the treats she was ready to go. Owen on the other hand would have prefered to stay home, he cried the whole time saying, "I'm cold, I'm cold." I know he was freezing, everyone was! I am glad I took the kids though since now I see how fun it is, and would be even more fun with nice weather so we will definetly be going again next year. The kids went down for naps very easily when we got home and I began baking my bunny cake for the easter party this evening. We moved it from Nick and Neila's house to Neila's office since it was so cold and that would give us more room. The cake turned out really cute,
and I made a new recipe that is fruit salsa and cinnoman chips which was pretty good as well. We all had a really good time, and the kids enjoyed it even more since it was nice and warm inside while they hunted for eggs. Maggie once again passed by many an egg in search of another pink one. She seemd to really enjoy herself though and had fun playing with some of the other little girls there. Here are some pictures from the party.






Tommorow we are going to church and then having Easter dinner with Nick, Neila-Susan, and Carson which will be lots of fun. Well, I need to go help out the Easter Bunny and get the baskets out! Have a Happy Easter!
4 comments:
We love the cake picture, it looks like it was made by Liza!
:) Kirsten
I think you have found your creative talents -- cake baking and decorating. we could have a bakery! also, your kids clothes are really cute. too many of them, but they are cute
Yes, I agree, the bunny cake is adorable!! Not as cute as the kids but very adorable.
I am sitting here in disbelief that you let your kids color eggs with all the mess associated with it, ha ha! My kids don't know about it yet, and I'm hoping they never find out!!
Post a Comment