Friday, April 06, 2007

Painting Easter Eggs!

I decided to let the kids paint easter eggs yesterday after nap. It turned into a total mess (of course) but the kids loved it. Owen ate as much egg dye as he got on his eggs, but after I read the package and it said it was not toxic and not to worry if it was ingested I didn't worry about a few more licks.






















Maggie wanted to make her's pink until she saw they changed colors when you mixed the dyes. So after that she wanted to put her eggs in all the colors. Owen's fingernails looked something like the wicked witch of the west's hands after he was finished.














I think of the 12 eggs we made, we ended with 6 that weren't cracked or totally broken. Here was our finished project:



















Haha, okay I am kidding....that is always what you wish your eggs turned out like. Here is the real finished project.

















The kids and I have just been playing this morning and now they are watching "Peter Cottontail" while I clean the house a little. Joe should be home early and we are going to head out to eat and then either see a movie or go run a few errands we need to get done without the kids. We are wanting to get some sort of comfy seating for our front room so we can put the TV in there so the kids don't have to get on our bed to watch a show. My neighbor Shannon invited us down this afternoon to make easter cookies with her girls but I don't think we'll get to go since Joe and I will probably head out about that time. I am glad I didn't mention it to Maggie since we won't get to go, she is quite the stickler anymore for holding me to things I say we "might" do.

3 comments:

valurena said...

omg, you go from not blogging in forever to blogging one right after the other. give me time to keep up! :) i was totally rolling my eyes at those beautiful eggs! haha ... i'm glad you were kidding. ours turned out awful. have fun going out tonight w/ joe!

Anonymous said...

What pretty eggs! Carlyn's hands and shirt have finally come clean from all of the egg dye.

Anonymous said...

Well, you caught me with the first set of eggs, I thought, oh my, Meghan must have really worked on the eggs after the kids finished!!!