I agreed to be the hospitality leader next year for mops, which means I prepare all the food for our meetings. I like cooking so I thought that would be a fun job to do. We are going to be really busy come Fall, but a fun kind of busy. Maggie will have preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am going to sign the kids up for storytime on Wednesdays and maybe Tuesday for just Owen so that he and I can have something fun to do together. Then on Fridays I am going to go to the CBS (community bible study) at Southeast church in Louisivlle. I have heard this is a great bible study for moms plus they have almost like a preschool set up for the children which teaches them alot, like bible verses and stories, so I am excited about that. Plus we will have MOPS and Mommy and Me every other Tuesday so we will have lots of fun.
Last night the kids and I went with Neila and Carson to Panera before going to watch Nick and Joe play basketball. They joined a league for a few weeks so we decided to go cheer them on. It turned out to be a pretty bad idea though, since Owen had to sit for the whole game and "see" his daddy, but not be able to go be with him. He was not a very happy guy the entire time until the game was over.
Owen just can't get enough candy and after our egg hunt where he had stuffed himself with chocolate, I caught him trying to get into our stash at home. Luckily he isn't quite tall enough yet.
So we aren't quite sure what happened across the street, but the people who moved into the brand new house just 3 weeks ago moved out this week and the house is up for sale again!! Maybe their eyes were bigger than their wallet???? No one seems to know what happened, I told mom if Mary lived here she would have the scoop. :)
Tommorow I will be busy with cooking/baking for Neila-Susan's easter party on Saturday and Easter dinner on Sunday. We are doing easter dinner with Nick, Neila-Susan, and Carson so that should be alot of fun. I got called this morning to help with Maggie's class on Sunday at the later service. I had actually planned on going to the early service so I could get home to get the food together but didn't want to turn them down since I know they will need help with it being Easter. We will just eat a little later I guess. I had a great "little moment" with Maggie this week. I always am asking her what she learned at sunday school or MOPS class and she never really tells me anything other than played "tag your it." (so i am always thinking, gosh, i hope you do more at sunday school than play tag) I know she has lessons and alwasy does her papers so I just figure she forgets by the time i pick her up. Well this week we were talking and she starts telling me about what Mr. Dennis (the childrens minister) taught them about this week. She couldn't get everything straight but I got that he taught them about Jesus calming the sea and he had little jesus and a boat she was showing the story with. She was talking a mile a minute (as maggie can do so well) and just laughing and I asked her what was so funny. She said, "mom, everyone thought it was so funny when he was looking for the Jesus in his bag" I asked her why and she said, "becasue mom, Jesus isn't in Mr. Dennis's bag, he is in your heart." :) Some of you may not get this, some will.....but all my life I have desired to be a mom (I mean ALL my life, like since age 3) and out of every awesome moment I have had with my kids this one ranked at the top. You try to teach your kids about Jesus and never really feel like they are listening.....but when they say somehting that shows they are beginning to get it it is just awesome. Anyhow, it was the highlight of my week and I just wanted to share it. I talked to Mr. Dennis today and asked him about what exactly he told them.....and turns out he hadn't even pointed out that Jesus doesn't live in a bag, he lives in your heart. He had just been looking for the Jesus character so she totally got that all on her own. Pretty neat, huh. Well, I am off to boil eggs while the kids are napping so we can color eggs this afternoon. Joe and I get to have our date night tommorow night so I am really excited about that! Not sure what we are going to do now but whatever we do it will be nice to get to eat without cutting up food or saying, "don't eat the crayons." Neila-Susan already has several crafts set up for she and Maggie to do so the kids are set up for lots of fun.
3 comments:
I have no idea what you mean??
ha ha
Things are pretty boring here on Colt Dr. There's not much gossip to be found out, sigh.....
Thank you for sharing your highlight of the week. What a blessing!
We have really enjoyed all the pictures too!
That is weird about the house across the street. I'll be interested to find out the scoop. And Bless Maggie's little heart. What a sweet moment indeed!
Post a Comment