Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Happy Easter











We had a wonderful Easter Day. The kids woke up (not too early) and began searching for their Easter Baskets. I put them in the play room so the search didn't take too long.




















They were so excited when they saw their loot, and Owen didn't waste any time tearing into his candy.


















I didn't put alot of candy in their baskets, more toys. I knew Maggie wouldn't eat much of it since she's not a huge candy eater,,,,and I knew Owen would eat every bit he could get his hands on! Owen basically had a breakfast of chocolate before church so he was happy about his morning.


























We went to church and I helped with Maggie's class so she was happy about that. I hope it doesn't set her back next week when I am not staying in her class. It was fun to get to see her with the other kids and what all they do in class. They have a singing time when all the young kids go in a room and sing songs and she knew all of the songs which was so funny because they weren't songs I know that we sing at home so I guess she pays attention. She really likes that time, dancing all over the place. After church we headed home to get ready for Easter dinner. We had a great meal with Nick and Neila with turkey, homemade rolls, and all the fixings to go with it. They hung out at our house for the afternoon and we all had such a fun time. We checked out a few of the new homes in our neighborhood for them to potentially buy!! Anyhow, we all had a great afternoon and a Happy Easter. The kids went to bed pretty early since we had a full day, so Neila and I decided to go out to a movie. We went to see the movie "Premonition" which was great. We both think it would make more sense the 2nd time around, but it was really good. We were going to shop around a little before the movie but turns out EVERYTHING is closed on Easter so we just browsed around Meijer a little and got some snacks for the movie. We didn't get home until midnight which is not a usual for me. I was dragging all day on Monday and was so ready to get in bed last night. We didn't do much yesterday since I had no energy. We did meet Neila and Carson for breakfast at Cracker Barrell since they marked down all their Easter stuff and we wanted to check that out. I kept Carson this morning for Neila, he was sick with a fever and she had to go in to work a few hours this morning so she brought him here for the morning. He was feeling pretty crummy and mostly just slept, even though he felt bad though, the kids could still get him smiling. Amanda is coming tommorow for a few days to keep the kids for me while I work Thursday and Friday and just to visit. She and mom have been roaming all over New York the past few days having fun, we will all be so glad to see her.

Here are a few more pics of the kids in their Easter outfits that I took a few weeks ago.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easter sounds quite fun for all. Good pictures of the kids, as always! I'm sure you will all enjoy Aunt Amanda and I can't wait to get caught up on the New York trip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter day. I'm glad that you and Neila spent the day together, since their family is not close either. The kids look adorable. Have fun with Aunt Amanda.