She has been set on not changing her mind this time though, so tonight we went to the mall to see if she could follow through. I didn't really want to take her to Claires, so we went to Merle Norman to see if they could do it. They said they had to have a notary there in order to pierce ears and their notary was gone for the day. ????? No clue why you have to have a notary to have your kids ears pierced! She was devestated so I gave in and took her to Claires. The girl doing it looked very much like a teenager with more piercings than years of age....but she assured me she did this often and they had 2 guns so they could do Maggie's ears at the same time. i was pretty sure that if they got one side done they wouldn't get to the other side after she felt the first one. They got her ears marked up and then the girl says, "oh no, hold on." Turns out one of their guns had broken earlier so they only had one gun. I thought we should come back some other time, but Maggie and Joe felt certain she would be fine. They pierced the first one and Maggie opened her eyes and said, "was that it?" Yes, I was wrong! She didn't think it was that big of a deal at all. So they did the other one and woolah!!! Maggie has pretty pink earrings!
She was so so proud of them, I am just hoping she does better about letting me take care of them than I did my mom!!
Here is a few clips along the way.....
before....
No comments:
Post a Comment