Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat!

We got a bit of a late start on pumpkins this year....as in they still weren't carved on the morning of trick or treat. I have learned that life with 4 little ones isn't as organized and easy to stay ahead of the game as it once was. But I wasn't about to let trick or treat come and go without carving pumpkins! So that morning we brought all the pumpkins in the house and the carving began. The kids were all quite excited, Josie had no idea what "carving a pumpkin" meant..but she was excited to get started.




























Everyone took their makers and begin drawing what they wanted their pumpkins to look like.






































This is Joe's area as I just like to take the pictures and not get into all the carving and goo. Owen and Josie are like me and not so much into the gooey stuff. Maggie on the other hand is right in there with Joe getting all the yucky stuff out and loving it!


























































Josie began on her little pumpkin and then leans over to Joe, says, "I wanna tell you a seeecet (secret) and whispers in his ear that she wants a princess pumpkin. How cute she is!


























This years pumpkins were quite "original" since the kids did all the drawing and Joe just did the cutting.



























Emmie Jayne joined in the pumpkin carving.....but it must have been more excitment than she could handle. We looked over and here she was totally asleep.





























The pumpkin carving took up the morning and than the kids played, Josie napped, until trick or treat time. We always let the kids go around our neighborhood before heading over to have a trunk at trunk or treat at our church. The kids were so excited and Owen and Joe came up with an Indiana Jones outfit for Owen, since that is what he really wanted to be anyhow. I had gotten him the hat and whip on ebay for 5 bucks so a brown shirt, jeans, and Joe's belt tied around him and woolaaa....Indiana Jones!

























Here are 3 of the 4 of them out front before going around to the houses.























As I was standing here taking this picuture a cop car comes racing up the street. I was thinking, "man he is driving too fast!" when he puts on his lights and stops right in front of our house. There was a young hispanic kid walking rather quickly down the sidewalk, but I hadn't paid much attention to him. He was no more than 12. The cop jumps out of the car and tells the kid to put his hands on the car and begins to read him his rights and throws him in the car!! Me and the kids were standing there with our mouths hanging open I am sure. Joe comes out a minute later and we fill him in on what happened, although I have no clue what the kid did. Turnsn out he and some other kids had broken into a house down the street and stole some stuff. I couldnt believe it...he was seriously not even a teenager!!

My 3 little ladybugs.....





























We went through the neighborhood pretty quickly, Maggie and Owen were way ahead of us this year and Josie only hit about every 3rd house since she was more interested in eating the candy from each house as she walked. We than went over to the church and set up our trunk. Maggie wanted to go around right away so I let her, since I could see her from where i sat, and Owen and Josie went with Joe to get a hot dog before getting more candy. I handed out candy until Maggie came back and than she wanted to take over.



























After Owen and Josie went around and got their candy, Joe took the 3 older ones on the hay ride.































After a long funfilled night of lots of candy we headed home to sort through everything and for the candy trading to begin.

No comments: