Saturday, October 09, 2010

Trick or Treating at the Zoo

We headed to the Louisville Zoo tonight for trick or treating. It is set up so cute with lots of princesses, storybook characters, and superheros and booths are set up handing out candy. We have gone the past few years and the kids always enjoy it. I bought a zoo pass this year, back in the spring, and figured since I hadn't been there since then I should get my money out of my pass by taking them!

Emmie Jayne didn't dress up tonight, here she is showing how cute she is for her first halloween.....not to mention showing off her adorable blue eyes!




























The kids had not yet gotten their costumes so we hit up a halloween store on the way there for them to pick them out. I had to let go of my "ocd ness" of wanting them all to match, at least in the same theme, and I just let them go in and pick something. Maggie and Josie both wound up as lady bugs....Maggie was a Littlest Pet Shop Lady bug, Josie a "ladybug princessrella" as she calls it. I am guessing this had a little to do with Maggie having the same "love" of matching as I do. :)





























Owen wound up being a ninja turtle....although it wasn't really what he wanted. He wanted to be Indiana Jones but they were all sold out of that costume.


























Emmie was so good the whole time, and has found her fingers to suck on...sometimes it's her thumb, but latley she has been sucking these fingers which is just what Owen used to do at this age.
So cute!



















Josie was always in the rear as she ate her candy as she went along....here she is trying to catch up!


























As we were coming to the end Josie's eyes lit up when she saw Cinderella....she ran up to her and said, "hello princessrella!"
She was more than happy to pose for a picture with her. I told Joe we have got to get her to Disneyworld soon!








We had a fun evening, they don't get alot of candy here but it is plenty for a trick or treat "warm up."

No comments: