Here she is getting sung to and blowing out her candles.
After cake and ice cream we moved along to presents.
She got lots of littlest pet shops, ponys and a pillow pet, which she was thrilled about.
The party was a short one since it was late already and the kids all had school the next morning. But she was glad to get to celebrate with everyone.
The next day was more birthday celebrating as she had a sleepover with some friends from school. This was what she wanted to do for her birthday and after much thinking I agreed. We invited all 5 little girls in her class , but only 3 were able to come. They got there that evening, Mom and Aunt Amanda were there to help things along through the night. The girls all played and then it was time for cupcakes and ice cream....after a dinner of macoroni and cheese and applesause (and chicken nuggets for Mag's friends)......Maggie is a vegetarian....which she loves to tell people. :)
We sang happy birthday once again and had cupcakes this time.
Maggie opened more gifts
and we moved on to decorating pillow cases which the girls all thought was fun.
We also made bead necklaces, which we waited to do until after Josie had gone to bed.
I told the girls they could stay up until 11, one of the girls was fast asleep by 8:30 but the others were running circles until lights out. They finally fell asleep by midnight and I settled down with Emmie Jayne in hopes of getting some sleep. Well, so much for that....around 1 am, the one girl who had gone to bed at 8 comes in and stands beside my bed saying nothing.....I wake up to find her staring at me and ask her what was wrong...she says she can't sleep. I get her situated back in her sleeping back and get back in bed. This continues on every hour until 6 am when I finally tell her she must lay down until 7....through the night she proceeds to tell me she needs to check her email, play a game on the computer, etc. Wow....so it was a long long night needless to say. The other little girls woke up around 7 and they all played until their moms came to pick them up at 10.
Maggie had a blast and loved her sleepover so it was well worth the sleepless night. But I am thinking next year we are going back to a regular birthday party!
Here are my 2 little sisters that are BFF's, posing for pictures. They love each other so much....
No comments:
Post a Comment