Monday, September 12, 2011

The Beach!

We spent the first part of our vacation at Cocoa Beach. I have been there before years ago, and we typically vacation every year at Myrtle Beach, which we are used to and love....so we weren't sure what we would think of Cocoa. We stayed at the Hilton there and were all very impressed with the beach. It was so clean and pretty....and we basically were the only people on the beach every day! It is not nearly as commericalized as Myrtle so there are not nearly as many places to eat/things to do so that was the only down part about it to us.

We headed out to the beach early the next morning. This was Emmie Jayne's second time being at the beach, but her first time where she was big enough to actually play. (she was 2 months old last time) She loved the sand and it didn't seem to bother her that she got totally covered in it. Several times I caught her trying to eat it.

Maggie and Joe rented a surf board and attempted to learn to surf. They both thought this was fun. If we lived near a beach I could see the two of them getting into this! Cocoa Beach is big for surfing, apprently sicne that is where Ron Jon's is, and we got to watch several surfers each day that were really good. The waves were big there which was fun for Maggie who is an ocean junkie. There is no such thing as a wave too high or going out too far for Maggie.
My little beach beauty.....


































Emmie Jayne took her morning nap out on the beach....























All my kids have done this which makes it so nice that we don't have to head back inside for naptime. I have always kept noise makers in my kids rooms so I guess the sound of the ocean just lures them right to sleep!















































Emmie had fun digging and playing in the sand, she would venture over to the water some and thought it was funny when the water would go back in....I guess it felt funny on her feet.






























































JaJa and Emmie Jayne digging sand....



























Josie enjoys the sand part of the beach more than the ocean for the most part. she is content to just play in the sand or chase birds, and occasionally gets in the water some. She is cautious not to venture too deep by herself though, which is totally opposite of her big sis and her personality.








































Owen enjoys the waves too, although not quite as much as Maggie. Here he is coming back in from jumping them. I think he looks so old here!


































Maggie could probably spend all day out on the ocean if I didn't make her come in to take a break.....or to come into more shallow water. She gets it honest from her MiMi. Mom could also spend the whole day out there....here they are floating and waiting for a big wave.





























This is quite possibly my very favorite picture of my kids.....I love this and am so so blessed.....my heart is even more full than my hands are. :)










































A few more beach pictures....



No comments: