Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Field Trips....

Fall has been busy it seems....and I haven't been very good at taking many pictures either! School is in full swing and all 3 kids are liking it. Maggie and Owen are playing soccer, Josie is playing soccer at church, Josie is taking ballet and tap at the church and I am staying busy busy busy. Maggie and Owen both had their field trips to the pumpkin patch early this year, which is great for me since the end of October gets busy for us with trick or treat and Maggie's birthday.

Maggie's was first and was an hour away at Huberts Farm.
























My mom and sister were both so sweet to drive to my house for the day (both 3 hours away) to watch my little girls for me so that I was able to go with Maggie. I am a bit spoiled by my family I would say. I had a great day with Maggie and her class.




















We drove together with her best friend Zoe and her mom, who is a friend of mine too.

This place is huge and has a big restaurant that you can eat at.....very good, but very country cooking. The kids went through the corn maze first, it was huge and took us awhile to get through. At one point I had no clue where I was, or where Maggie was.....I finally found my way out to see that she had beat me there.


Then it was time to pick pumpkins. They only let you get a small pie pumpkin here, which is fine with me since I had to do the carrying!




















Maggie and Zoe searched the whole place looking for the perfect pumpkins.......either that or just having fun running all around together.














After pumpkin picking we had lunch. Here is Maggie with all the little girls in her class.




































And here is all (or most of) her class


















Owen's field trip was a week or so later. It was at Gallrien Farms which is about 5 minutes from our house. Sheila kept Emmie Jayne and Josie went home with Molly after preschool for a bit. We had a great time and I enjoyed it being so much closer to home! There isn't as much to do as Huberts but it is perfect for the kids. Lot of hay to jump and climb on, hay rides, and pumpkin patch. We packed our own lunch and just ate there.


































There is also a petting zoo but Owen feels about animals about like his mom. All the kids in his class were over there and we began walking that way but when we smelled the smell he said, "mom it stinks. let's not go over there." So we stayed by the hay piles and he got out a bit more energy. A little bit later his teacher asked him if he go to see the animals. His response, "No...we started to go over there but my mom and I don't really like animals. We think they stink." OHhhh, Nice owen, Nice. hahaha


Here is Owen and most of his class. There are 8 kids in his class but some of these kids are in the other K class I think.
















His teacher is new this year and I absolutly love her. She is so so sweet and Owen just adores her.





















Owen took his good old time picking out a pumpkin and wanted to pick the biggest one he could find. After looking at nearly every pumpkin in the patch we settled on this one.....


























Aunt Amanda stayed to see Josie's soccer game when she came to watch the girls for me. The kids were so excited to have her here and it was nice out so they were all able to play outside some.











































Here is Josie all ready for her soccer game!




























And a few pictures of her at her first dance class. I am thinking this is right up Josie's ally.....although the way she moves ballet and tap may be a little mild for her version of dancing!

No comments: