Monday, December 05, 2005

Day 2 in Germany

Okay, so last night was totally horrible. Owen didn't fall asleep soundly until about 6 am here. And we got picked up by the lady showing us homes at about 10. So we got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night. We looked at about 4 homes today and I must say that american houseing is a million times better than over here. The homes here are small and built up instad of out. Most homes have bout 3 floors and are really pretty inside, very contemporary, but tiny. The funny thing is we are being shown homes that are priced at the equivelent of 500,000 and up american dollars...yet they are barley half the size of our home in Illinois. Two homes we looked at were right on the beach adn had a great view. but we figure they would be so busy in the warmer months with people out and about we wouldn't like that. So far the house looking has not been a sucess. Our realtor lady was also qutie interesting. She is German but lived in peoria for about 5 years and drove a stick shift in germany about as well as I would. (I cannot drive a stick shift) Germany has weird driving rules too, they drive on the same side of the road as us and all, but like left can alwasy turn before right. meaning if your at a 4 way the person turning left can always go before the person turning right....so no right away here. No right on red either. And, if you run a red light they take your licnse away. Anyhow, Owen has slept alot again today so I am expecting the worse for tonight. Hopefully he will sleep some so we can. I am not wanting to get him totally sleeping at night ehre though since we come back home in 2 days. He has gotten a bit of a cold/cough and I was sure he had somehow contracted whooping cough on the way here, but he has since recovered and only has a snotty nose now. Well, that is all that is going on here. The only thing in english on tv is cnn adn msnbc so i have been able to keep up on usa news....haha, like that is something I regularly do!! No GH here, so mom you would be happy that I would kick that habit. WEll, i am off to hopefully get some sleep. i have tried to talk to maggie everyday since I have been gone but she's too busy playing or making cookies with mimi and PK to talk to me. Joe and I have offered them a full time nanny position!! :) I miss her so so much and cannot wait to get home to see her, I am so happy she is not sad but I am sure she will be happy to see us when we get home. Well, I may update you all tommmorow sometime. Sorry this is so long....I'm tierd so I am just sort of rambling I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,
do you have your digital camera? Send us some pics of the house. We are praying for you all. My audition went awful today,and I am depressed big time. I know your problems are bigger than mine right now though:) Yes, Maggie is quite fine right now. We have talked to her too. She seems content having the run of the house. We love you all.
sis and Tres

Anonymous said...

Meg and Joe, it is great to be able to be "part of the family" and know what is going on first hand. (especially when my source of information is NOT here) GH? General Hospital? You already mentioned you have coke there and GH doesn't sound like something at Mickey D's. Dear ole Mimi and PK are making cookies are they?

My vote is the beach view as long as the traffic would be driving by and not be in your yard, personal space. How many times in your lives would you have a house with an ocean view? And keeping in mind this is SHORT TERM!! If you are going to live in a smaller space then looking out and seeing a vast area could help! Just how close would the people be? (it's so easy to give an opinion millions of miles away)

Hope today goes better with more sleep and finding the perfect home away from home!

I miss Mimi and NO I haven't walked. I haven't made cookies either.

Mary said...

Meg,
Sorry your house hunting was a bust. I hope you find something good. No, nevermind, I hope you don't so you don't move, ha ha.
Miss Maggie Mae was doing great yesterday when we went over there. She was happy to see us and you could tell she was in her glory with Mimi there to spoil her rotten! See you soon!

Meghan said...

yes sorry...GH is General Hospital.