This week has been pretty lazy thus far, this morning was a mom's dream come true that never actually happens......Owen was up all night on and off for some reason. I am thinking maybe he's getting more teeth (could he actually have anymore to get???). I am giving up on my kids ever getting an ear infection since that tends to be the first excuse I always try to say yet everytime the dr. tells me their ears are clear. So now I am going with teeth. Anyhow, I got him down for the final time right before 6 and fell back to sleep quickly. I was woken up by Joe at 7:30 asking if I knew where his Caterpillar badge was. It seems Maggie had been playing with it the night before (i recalled seeing this much) but as things go with Maggie she tends to follow in her father's footsteps with misplacing things. :) So here we were with 5000 sq. feet of house to look over and find where our 2 year old had decided to stash daddy's work badge. I finally found it in a corner of the toy room and he was off to work by 8. I laid in bed just knowing any second someone would be up but at 8:30 it was still quiet and I hadn't been able to fall asleep. So I decided this would be a great time to get a shower in. I got out of the shower and could not believe neither kid was up yet so being the paranoid mom that I am I had to go make sure they were breathing. I climbed back in bed and read magazines until 10 when Owen finally called out, "mama." And then our day began..........
I thought for sure yesterday that Maggie had been potty trained in a day. I even began to blog about it but knew I would be setting myself up....turns out it wouldn't have made a difference. She woke up yesterday morning and told me she wanted to wear panties now, she didnt wear diapers anymore. Since those words had never come out of her mouth I jumped on this. She went the entire day with only 1 small accident, which only occured b/c she couldn't get her pants and panties down by herself quick enough. Last night she didn't even want to put on a diaper for bedtime so I thought we were home free. This morning when she got up I put her panties on and she didn't fuss about it at all. She peed once and from then it was all down hill. I cleaned up pee 3 times before 1pm. (and remember she didn't get up until 10) Well by the 3rd time I was so annoyed I just put a diaper back on her because I was just getting mad which I knew wasn't going to help this process along. So hopefully today was just a small setback.
We walked to the store today and got our items to make dinner and luckily got through the store without Owen breaking anything.
It was really nice out this evening so we let the kids swing some and while we were out Maggie must have been thinking because she said, "hey, where is harry?" (in case you don't remember this is the black bird she and mom looked at everyday and named harry when we first moved here) We found him finally and Joe told her he had just gotten back from his Mimi's too. :)
Amanda and Tres should be coming here sometime next week so we are really excited to see them and hear about all their excitment in Greece.
No comments:
Post a Comment