

Joe and Maggie hit up the candy store and stocked up.
They got candy necklaces and candy cigarettes. Our kids fit right in in Germany with the cigarettes!

As we left the mall I was a little surprised at the route Joe took. :)

We took the kids home to nap for a few hours and then headed back out to Citi, which is our "walmart". While I have been gone all summer they have redone the entire place and made it into a mall with tons of stores and places to eat. We ended up shopping a bit and eating some chinese which was surpringly good. By the time we got over to the grocery store it was 7:40 which meant we only had 20 minutes to shop. We ran through this place which is huge and I tried to think of things that we had to have. As we were getting our meat, the meat guy hands maggie and Owen 2 cold weiners. It's reallly common here for people to just walk around eating a weiner with no bun or anything so he was being nice thinking our kids would like it. Maggie took it relunctantly and then said, "yuck, this is gross." I told her to say Danke and just hold it, so she did. Owen on the other hand started eating on his, which totally grossed Joe and I out so we weren't disappointed when he dropped it a few minutes later. As we are running to the checkout the produce guy practically chases us down to give Maggie and Owen bananas. We take them and say thanks, but when we get to checkout the lady charges us for them!! That is Germany for you. Joe tried to explain to her that an employee gave them to the kids, but after a minute of her blank stare we just paid for them.
Maggie got to go to Toys R Us and pick out a toy for peeing in the potty all week with no accidents and she picked out the Little People ABC zoo, which I think is adorable. The only problem is it speaks in German, not english so it's a little annoying although Maggie doesnt mind it. By the time we got home it was bedtime, Joe and I started to sit down to watch a movie but 15 minutes into it decided we would rather sleep.
Today we had over Bjorn, a friend of ours from church. He told me that this week a family would be there that are either from the states or britain that have young kids. The mom is supposedly looking for other english speakers with kids so hopefully that will make for a few more friends for Maggie and Owen.
Nothing else going on here, Joe has to head back to a busy week at work and the kids and I are just getting ready for Tres and Amanda to get here Thursday!!
3 comments:
Good Job Maggie! Tell her Alika also potty trained this week.
I love Joe by the sign!
Nice family portrait with the cigarettes! Too funny! Kirsten
Hey! Miss you guys. Thanks for including us in your tour around Kentucky:) We'll talk soon.
Post a Comment