Sunday, September 24, 2006

Princess Party


Maggie's early birthday party was a hit!! I got up yesterday and began making her cake while she got entertained by Amanda and Tres. They took a long walk and played some before lunch time and nap. Once she went down for her nap we began the decorating and cooking so that when she got up the party would be ready.










Amanda and Tres did a great job at decorating her room.




















Turns out they are quite multitalented as child entertainers and birthday decoraters!! They made the room really cute and even made a throne for Princess Maggie to sit on.



















I got the cake finished,which turned out adorable, and began making the dinner. Maggie got to choose what she wanted for her birthday dinner and it was of course.......Soup. So we had potato soup and I also made chicken bundles for those who didn't want soup. I ended up having to wake up Maggie from her nap and let her watch a bit of Wizard of Oz since she isn't the happiest person when she wakes up from her nap. After about 15 minutes or so she was ready to get dressed and go to her party.


Joe gave her a wand that was her magic wand to use through the party and she thought that was really neat.






We brought her to the room and let her open the door and her expression was so cute. She was so surprised and kept looking at me like, "mom, is this real."



She loved her throne and wanted to get up in it.



From then on she was in princess mode! She was ready for her soup to be brought to her, once that was eaten up she was ready for cake. Although we weren't quite done we told her it was her party so we could go ahead and do cake.





We sang happy birthday to her and this is the first year she got the concept of blowing out candles.





She loved her cake and decided to try it out before getting a piece.







After cake it was present time and she was really excited about that.















She used her magical wand to pick the present she wanted to open.













She got lots of fun stuff, plenty of pets of course! After opening gifts she wanted to open them all up to play with them (just the way mommy liked to do it) So she had a great party as you can see from the pictures. She told me all evening long that "she loved her princess party." I was so glad she did. Since this is the first year she could have had a real kid party and enjoyed it I wanted to make it a fun party for her since we're stuck here in Germany with no friends to really have at a party.








Owen also got a late birthday gift from Amanda and Tres so he loved that. Maggie thought about taking over his gift for a second but luckily had gotten enough gifts that she went right back to hers.


This morning Tres, Amanda, and I got u early to get them to the airport on time. We left out about 6 am since the airport is about a hour away. I realized this morning that we really needed gas in the car to get us there. This doesn't seem like too much of a problem to you I know, but remember I live in Germany!! They don't have 24 hour gas stations here. The gas staions here keep a little longer hours than the grocery stores which isn't saying much. So we had to drive into town to go to the one gas station that is opened early and late so that we could make it to Hamburg. Since we take the autoban there it wasn't a problem being that there is no speed limit so we made it there with plenty of time to spare. They got off great, after a small "crisis" with Amanda's carry on bag. We were sad to see them go, it's been great having them here and getting to spend time with them. Maggie and Owen love them so much and are really going to miss them. I guess I am back on duty with Maggie since when Amanda was here she wanted her to do everything from potty, to bath, to lunch for her!!

Here are some more birthday pictures for you all to enjoy!!











10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie looks like Little Miss Disney. Looks like a fun fun party. Owen looks a little out of place in all that pink. Just keep him off that elevator that Joe rode. Hey, I like the new bookshelf in the background. KIA, right?

Anonymous said...

Or is that a car?

Meghan said...

Your such a goofball!!! You were here when we got that shelf weren't you? And yes, that is our car. :)

Anonymous said...

Your? Come on we have been over this a dozen times.

Anonymous said...

Debbie be careful, if we correct her grammar too much the blog may turn into a picture show only!!! You may get a few angry customers...

Mary said...

I love all the pictures of Maggie's princess party. I can't believe she's almost 3! Emma had a fun birthday party with her friends today, but we sure wish you had been here, too.

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how many Americans you have in Germany for Maggie's 3rd birthday party!! She is so lucky. Her party decorations and cake were awesome! Great job!:)
Happy early birthday Maggie! Kirsten and the gang

Anonymous said...

Meg,
You guys look like you are having so much fun! That looks like a birthday that will be remembered forever.
-Whitney Weeks

Amanda said...

maybe we should create a company--decorate and entertainment for kid's parties. you think we could make some big money in that one? we miss you all so much. we wished mae mae and o could have gone to the DQ with us 2nite. make sure and take pics of maggie at her horse lessons.

Carothers in Cahoots said...

We wish we could have gone to DQ with Amanda and Tres. Its different in WV than anywhere. Is KIA the same as IKEA? I bet it is awesome there if it is. I like the shelves and I wouldn't have noticed them save for the comments.