
Well, we made it back to Germany safe and sound. Here are the kids at Hamburg getting our luggage. They don't look too bad considering we just made a 13 hour trip through the night huh. The flight home wasn't quite as smooth as the one over but we can't really complain. Maggie was a champ, as usual. She watched a movie then ate and laid right down in the floor and slept the rest of the flight. Owen on the other hand has grown quite a bit so he didn't fit so comfortably in the basinett they gave us, he is a pretty active sleeper so everytime he'd try to turn over he'd burst out crying (since he was basically like a hotdog in this thing). But he did great overall since it was the middle of the night and he only slept about 3 hours of it.
I thought this was a neat picture, it is the sun rising over the clouds. I took it somewhere over the ocean , we left cincinnati just as it was getting dark and about 5 hours into our flight I look out the window and see that the sun is coming up. Pretty neat huh.
We had fun in Cincinnati with mom, dad, debbie and larry.

Matt and Isaac weren't able to come so we missed seeing them again, but Matt may be heading over this month we hope. We were sad to say goodbye to everyone and leave, but are already looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.
Yesterday we put the kids to bed around 6 or so and I went to bed then also. Owen was up every 2 hours or so until about midnight when he and maggie both got up ready to start their day. I stayed up with them until about 1:30 or so then put them both to bed. Owen woke up about 8:30 this morning, which means I did too...Maggie however had the luxery of sleeping in until noon. Must be nice. I spent the morning emptying luggage and starting laundry. At 12:30 I made Owen get up from his nap so that we could get to the grocery store before it closed. (Yes, the stores here close from 1-3 so people can rest???) Anyhow, as we are leaving to go Maggie decides she needs to pee on the potty and doesn't want to go in her diaper. I have been waiting for her to initiate the potty thing so I didn't want to shoot her down so I let her go. Well, we wait and wait and no pee so I told her she could just go later. She says, "no, it'll come." (Mom is who told her that to keep her on the potty until she went) Well, she finally did so we celebrated then ran out the door. We got to the store with about 10 minutes to spare and ran through gathering all the necessities. Well, as I go to grab the yogurt I hear a loud crash noise and turn to see that owen has launched the tomato sauce across the store. There is glass and tomato sauce everywhere. I wasn't sure what to do at that point so luckily an employee walked by right then and told me not to worry about it and clenaed it up. So after that mess, we went to check out and as I was bagging up my groceries I hear that cashier saying, "no no no.." Owen is reaching over and banging her register keys. So she had to start all over on our order. Well, we were the last ones out and I am sure they were glad to see us go. Joe surprised us and came home from work early. I suppose they could see he was exhausted and needed to rest up since they say it's going to be a busy week. In my opinion it's always a busy week here so I hate to see what is in store this week. Joe and I napped when the kids did which helped a ton and this evening after dinner we all took a big walk and then Joe let the kids play on the swingset.

It was pretty chilly out this evening so I guess summer is definetly over here. After we came in I got out all of the winter clothes and put away what I had here of the summer clothes. I had most of them in WV so I just left them at mom's so I would have more room for the shopping I did. :) Well, I doubt we will do much this week other than get things in order here and clean some. Oh yeah, tonight Maggie told me that she had the "hickets", I didn't know what she was talking about until a minute later when I heard her hiccup. I thought that was so funny. She has been playing like crazy and everytime she pulls something out she'll say,"I remember this."
Here is our biggest new obstacle with Owen.....looks fun huh.
5 comments:
We are so glad to see that you all made it back safely. I really miss visiting with you all when you take your evening walks up and down Poplar Point and of course Magie yelling for Peanut. Just think, you will be home again before you know it, because Christmas is just right around the corner -- plus you can see how BIG I am getting :) Take care!
Josh and Tab
Things are getting back to normal in WV too. We packed away toys today, actually got the car in the garage,(which made your father very happy) and had our famous chicken salad for dinner. I may start my own blog since it is so interesting here.
Debbie,
You could call it "Bridgette & Peanut News"
How about pb&j? The "j" could stand for various people on the street.
So glad you survived the trip. Emma starts school tomorrow so I get to go through the whole thing all over again! Yikes! She is much much braver now than she used to be though so I'm hopeful!
Post a Comment