So Maggie started her dance class tonight, tap and ballet, and was quite the dancing diva. She looked like a doll and she was quite aware of that. She went into her class and I was bummed that the teacher said she would prefer the parents to not stay in the room, but we could watch through the window. If your kids wanted you to stay today it was fine since some were a bit shy. Well, of course Maggie waved at me when she told them the mommy's would be leaving and said, "bye mom." So I couldn't say she would cry if I left. I got a few pictures of her in action but it was hard with Owen there. I realized even if we could have stayed in the room I wouldn't have been able to actually watch her since Owen was bound and determined to be a ballerina as well. :) He loved watching them but the second I put him down he would head towards them saying, "I ballerina too mommy." Luckily Maggie starts soccer in Sept. as well so maybe we can get him more interested in that than tap shoes. haha.
Maggie really enjoyed her class, which I was happy about, and told me she liked ballet better because she was really good at that but tap was harder. When we first got there we were listening to the teacher give instructions and a little girl walked in with a hot pink outfit. Maggie said, "ohhhh mommy, her outfit is beautiful." I agreed with her that it was quite pretty (although I was thinking more gaudy) and maggie proceeded to say, "but not nearly as beautiful as mine." Several other moms were sitting there so I just pretended I didn't hear her and contiued talking to them. I had a talk with her before hand about not saying she didn't like other people outfits which she didn't say.....guess I should have thrown in to not say hers was prettier than everyone else's. haha....that is my maggie.
I also had a talk with her about listening to the teacher and not making up her own dances since Maggie has quite the dance moves and I knew she would bust out in hip hop right in the middle of ballet. She did pretty good although I did see her a few times putting her own twist on the dances. She has followed in her daddy's footsteps with her jumping abilities. (If you are unaware of Joe's jumping talents ask him to show you next time you see him) At one point the teacher had them jump over a box and do a move. Well Maggie didn't just jump, she lept over it and actually looked really good since her legs were positioned just right. Anyhow, she had fun and here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.
3 comments:
this is my dream day. i HAVE to come see her take classes. she is a beautiful ballerina. don't let oboe get into it. he may follow "you know who's" footsteps :) hehe. call me.
Maggie looks so cute! I love this age!! I have been on the prowl for soccer for Luke around here ... too bad you don't live here. You probably find it for me right away. Tell Maggie Lukie and Val say she looks beautiful in her outfit!
Maggie is the cutest ballerina ever! How exciting. Of course I can see her being the star of the class.
:) Tab
Post a Comment