Thursday, August 02, 2007

Evening out

So Joe had to work late yesterday evening and Nick had a late meeting at work so Neila and I decided to pack up the kids and head out to the Summit to shop a little. I am in need of a new bathing suit to take to the beach since this baby is showing itself sooner than my other 2 did. We hit up Old Navy where I got a cute maternity bathing suit for 4 bucks so I was pretty excited. We just shopped around after that and let the kids play a bit. I got some cute pictures of them by the fountain there.


















The picture of all 3 of them was quite a feat since Maggie kept waving her arms and I just knew she was going to knock Owen into the fountain. We didn't get home until almost 10 last night which is a super late night for our 3 kiddos. It was alot of fun though to get to hang out with them and even with 3 kids it was relaxing and Neila and I got to visit alot! At one point Maggie was acting somewhat wild and I was having to get onto her, at the same time either Owen or Carson were crying a bit. Two older ladies walked by and looked at us and sort of smiled with a "glad it's you and not me" look. One said, "ahhh, I don't guess you guys will get to go enjoy a nice meal and conversation like we are. But don't worry, we were in your place at one point and now we can enjoy our time out." I smiled back and thought to myself.....I am in no hurry to get past this point of my life, and I wouldn't trade a second of it for all the relaxing meals in the world. I guess motherhood wasn't all that great to them, but I can honestly say I was and almost always do enjoy my time out with my kids. Sure it is nice to get to shop alone sometimes, but I have a fun time when I am out shopping with them too. You just have to know ahead of time that a few tears and 'time outs" are probably part of your trip! :)

Today we were back at the pool by 10ish and had a blast. It was pretty dead too, aside from a day camp that was there. Maggie has amazed me how she plays in the entire pool the whole time, just because the water is warmer. As hot as it is I did stay in the pool as well almost the whole time. Maggie got a buddy at the pool today, who wouldn't have been my pick. She and some litte boy hit it off and of cousrse he was the pool "menace". He was spitting water, spalshing people, and even pushed a few kids under water. Maggie thought he was just great and he seemed to think she was as well. They ran the pool and she watched as he annoyed the others. At one point they were playing and he pushed her under water, so of course I go to the rescue and told him to keep his hands to himself and of my kid. Maggie says, "mom, it's okay. He's my best buddy and I didn't mind it. It was sorta fun." So I am thinking, GREAT! Hope this isn't a sign of what her taste in boys is going to be! They are both resting now, although I can hear maggie singing away in her bed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, the kids all look so cute on the fountain. it looks like carson was going to fall in!!! Maggie looks gorgeous in red. oh my gosh, she is a model! hope to see you all soon.