Thursday, January 17, 2013
Ducks!
Joe went on a duck hunting trip last weekend. He has gone a few times around here with a friend but this was his first trip he has gone on. He and Maggie kept in touch while he was gone with texting....and he kept her up on how the hunting was going. They ended up getting plenty of ducks.....but Maggie seemed so nervous for Joe the whole time. It was so cute! It was like she was worried how he was going to do. The day he was supposed to come home she wanted to make a cake for him. I asked her why and she said to celebrate his first duck hunting trip. She is so my daughter in some ways.....because I am all about coming up with a theme and baking a cake, cookies, etc to go with that theme! I was all for the idea but did not think I could come up with a duck cake....so I went through my millions of cookie cutters and found a duck!
Joe's favorite cookies are peanut butter with hershey kisses so we made them peanut butter ducks and used chocolate chips as they eyes. (Owen and Josie added some candy eyes/wings I had to theirs)
The kids were super proud of their cookies, and couldn't wait to show them to Joe. He didn't get home until really late so they had to go to bed....but I hid them and let them surprise him the next morning. This was the funniest part.....
We told him to come into the kitchen and shut his eyes...the kids said they had a surprise. Joe comes walking out and is saying..."oh man..just give me a second...hold on...." over and over. He is sort of pacing and I instantly know what he is thinking. Everytime I have told him we were pregnant I surprise him in one way or another....make a cake, make the kids shirts, wrap up a gift, etc. Anyhow, I always say, "I/we have a surprise to show you." So he is thinking that when he opens his eyes he is going to find a "surprise" that we were gonna have a baby. The kids are telling him to open his eyes and he is saying, "just give me a sec." So I say loudly..."it is not what you think! Just open your eyes."
He does and sees the cookies and starts laughing. He was cracking up that I knew exactly what he was thinking too.....so of course the kids wanted to know what we were laughing about too. He loved them and breakfast that morning was duck cookies! Maggie was glad to know that he not only got duck cookies but also shot a few real ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment