Friday, January 11, 2013

Mud Fun

I do not like mud....at all. I don't like it on me, I don't like it on my kids, and I really don't like it in my house! But my little boy is a typical boy....and he LOVES it. My girls also enjoy a little mud as well....as long as they know they are gonna be cleaned up later! Well it rained all day today which made the back part of our neighborhood, which is new construction, a big mud playground. Joe is out of town this weekend on a duck hunting trip....(possibly pictures to come of that later!) so I figured I'd find something fun for them to do after school. When I picked Maggie and Owen up from school I told them when we got home they needed to get clothes on to play outside.....they both asked why they couldn't just wear their uniform clothes they were wearing. I told them they could....unless they wanted to get dirty. This got a lot of "woohooing" from Owen. We walked around then neighborhood and when we hit the mud they were all in it...except Emmie. I kept her a little closer. Immedietly I began to question this idea....their feet were literally sticking down into the mud. I told them to come out and walk down more to see if we could find a better place that wasn't so much like quick sand! After they cleaned off the 3 inches of mud off the bottom of their feet they found a good spot and began making mud pies.
They played on the sidewalk for a while just messing with their hands. Before long Owen realized that mud was fun to throw....I veto'd throwing it each other so they opted for throwing it at a sign. I didn't get many pictures as I was trying to keep Emmie Jayne from winding up neck deep in mud.....in her cute little dress! Maggie was looking for worms....
My little cuties.
Maggie and Owen laid out all the rocks and told me they were doing it for me. I asked them why for me, and they said, "so we can all stand on rocks in the mud so you can get our picture! That way we don't get mud on our feet again and you can get our picture out here!" They are so sweet. :) We played for a few hours and then headed back to the house where I gave them buckets of water and told them to clean their shoes, feet and hands. They thought this was as fun as the mud and I don't think it really cleaned much! Everyone stripped down in the garage and went straight to the showers! We had a quick dinner and I made some peanutbutter cookies while they watched a movie. Maggie said it was the funnest day ever. (goodness....I should plan on keeping it simple from now on) To top off their fun evening I okay'd them all sleeping together in Owen's bed...minus Emmie. Tommorow morning we are headed to Lowes to make a craft.....that should be lots of fun for them I'm hoping.....and I'm hoping for me too! (will be as long as Emmie is into the craft and not running around the store!)

No comments: