Saturday, January 19, 2013

Spirit Week

This week was spirit week at the kids school. This is always a fun week for them because everyday they get to dress in something fun....and not just the usual uniform clothes. Monday was character day which I didn't get a picture of. Maggie wore her Little Red Riding Hood outfit, and looked adorable. Owen wore his Superman shirt under a dress shirt and was Clark Kent. We had a snow day on Wednesday....even though there was no snow! But I am all about a day off of school so I didn't really care what the reason was for canceling. Thursday was sports team day. So they both wore their UK colors to support the CATS, (or their dad, lol)
Friday was school spirit day so they just wore sweatshirts with their school logo on it. But Owen wanted to paint his face. The colors are navy, gray and white...but I didn't have any navy paint so I went with white and made some gray paint and painted his entire face. He couldn't have been any happier to go to school, which never happens!
Maggie is not one to like things on her face at all...but she decided she wanted to put CCA on her forehead. I put a cute ribbon and bow in her hair to make her look a little more festive....and she won for her class as the most spirit dressed. Maggie does not like attention drawn to her or being in front of a crowd....just like her mom! So she was not thrilled about being picked and having to stand in front of the school at the pep rally. Owen on the other hand LOVES being on a stage and was pretty sure he got cheated and should have won for his class. LOL. We are gonna enjoy a long weekend with the kids having Monday off...my plans are to get things all ready for Josie's 5th birthday party!

No comments: