Tonight Joe took us to eat at a Brazilian restaurant in Kiel that serves a meal with lots of different meat, veggie,and other dishes. They bring you different foods throughout the whole meal, most of which is meat. I just got a steak since I am usually not up to trying different foods. Mine came and I ate just as everyone else was getting started. The kids were pretty tired and Owen hadn't had an afternoon nap that day, so about a hour into the meal he was a mess. Turns out this meal is something you should do when you have a sitter for your small kids and have several hours to set aside to eat. I ended up leaving with the kids since I was done eating adn walking around outside and letting them play on a playarea at the bowling alley. They had a much better time doing that. When they were all done eating we headed back to catch the train that leaves at 9 to go back to our house. Well, we all get on the train and sit down hoping the train guy won't walk through so we won't have to buy tickets!! I noticed nobody else was on the train with us but lots of people were sitting outside. At 915 I began to wonder why we were still sitting in this train that has not moved. Right about then, a train guy comes walking back and looks at us trying to ask what we are doing. His english was less than good but he explained to me that the train was out of service so we'd have to catch the next train at 10 to go home. So here we clueless Americans are sitting talking and laughing (amanda and Maggie singing and dancing) on this train that isn't gonig anywhere, and everyone else knew it but us!! So all you Americans....be easy on the Mexicans, it's not easy. :) Anyhow, after another hour of walking around the train station trying to keep the kids from going nuts we caught our train and made it back to Felde. It was a fun night out aside from the crazy dinner and missing our train.
Amanda and Tres were cleaning their sleeping bags and tents in the bathtub the other day and got some help from Maggie! They have a great way of including her in almost everything they did and making it fun!!!
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
By the way, it was one of the best dinners I have ever had...
What cute outfits you have on the kids! They look so grown up! Sounds like you had a great time with Amanda and Tres! I think your mom had to borrow my mom's suv to pick them up and all of their stuff at the airport!! kirsten
3 comments:
By the way, it was one of the best dinners I have ever had...
That's funny, I don't remember cooking that night. :)
What cute outfits you have on the kids! They look so grown up! Sounds like you had a great time with Amanda and Tres! I think your mom had to borrow my mom's suv to pick them up and all of their stuff at the airport!! kirsten
Post a Comment