The past two mornings I have had the "pleasure" of waking up to my precious baby boy chattering..which is always a welcomed noise in comparison to crying. The only problem is when I go in to get him, I hear his sweet little voice say "hi" and when I peek into his crib he's covered in his own poop! He's been having a bit of stomach problems latley and for some reason it hits about 7am. I took him into the doctor yesterday because he's also had a rash all over him for a week or so and wakes up through the night crying alot. So between nurse Burke and Dr. Lawson we decided with those symptoms he could have strep. I call and get an appointment at noon yesterday and had the choice to leave Maggie here since Amanda and Tres are here. I love having family around! The doctor is usually pretty good about getting us in quickly since we are private pay and the money she makes from us she can pocket as opposed to the others who are all goverment paid. It must have been pretty busy because we waited an hour and a half in the waiting room before being called back. Owen was really good considering I wouldn't let him down to play with anything since I am sure there were germs crawling on everything.
He was a champ when she checked him out and just smiled and talked to her. She said his belly sounded upset (lots of bowel sounds) and to not give him any milk or dairy products for 3 weeks since it could be the milk here. It is different than in the states and upsets my stomach too. He isn't goign to be real thrilled with no milk but if that's what is causing these morning messes he is just going to have to deal with it. I ask her about the rash and she acts like it's no big deal and says, "oh all kids get those, it is no big deal." I said, "my kids have never had a rash in their life so what is it?" She says it's a sweat rash. I asked if that was like a heat rash and she says no, it's just from where it's so hot at night and the kids sweat so bad in their sleep which leaves this rash on their body from laying with sweat all over them. So I am totally annoyed that nobody seems to think this is a problem. turns out the rash itches pretty bad so that is probably what is waking him up through the night!! And this is just a common thing here in Germany??? Sounds like grounds for child abuse to me. She said, OH, once it cools down it will go away. Yeah, it is still very hot here in the house although it's cooled down some into the lower 70s outside. So last night I strip Owen down to a diaper and put a fan right on his bed hoping to keep him from sweating.(in the process I will probably wind up giving him pnemonia) So that was our fun trip to the doctor yesterday. Maggie had fun with Amanda and Tres while we were gone. She worked her way out of a nap the whole time and I coudln't get her to go down when I got home either so she was pretty wild and crazy by dinner last night.
I am getting my new camera this week when Matt gets here thank goodness!! Joe lost ours when he went to the soccer games in Hamburg last week. I am so used to taking pictures everyday that I have felt lost without it!
7 comments:
(Remember Burkenews is Meghans Blog & only represents Meghan, I do my own thinking) Me personally, Owen has the same bug I had on Saturday. I am sure the Dr see's $$$ everytime the Burkes walk in, I know our Dr did in Peoria. I think he had a Mercede's with the license plate "thnxburks".
ok, i should be working, but i read this and luke has the same kind of rash. he wakes up sweating in the mornings and i have the air on, so i don't get it. his rash is on his chest. maybe i'm abusive, but i haven't thought much about it. but, the answer the dr gave makes me think that is luke's problem. i have to wash his sheets nearly every night b/c there is a sweat smell there. kinda gross i know ...
Yes, I agree with Joe. Meg, you are soley responsible for our current insurance situation with CAT. Thanks a bunch!
Signed,
(a mother who has only had her kids at the dr. about 5 times EVER!)
I have to live in Germany!!!! I will find ANYWAY to waste Caterpillar's money!!!
Anonymous,
Are all your kids still alive?
You should know, did they seem healthy enough when you lived by us?
Meghan those Germans would freeze to death in my house! Poor Owen...he'd love it here! Cool inside and out!!!! Love you and miss youguys!
Lori
Post a Comment